The Parent Helpline is a telephone information service for parents
in South Australia.
- 1300 364 100 (local call cost within South Australia)
The Women's and Children's Health Network (WCHN) Parent Helpline provides telephone information and support at any time 7 days a week (calls received between 7.15am - 9.15pm will be answered by local Parent Helpline staff; calls received outside these hours will be automatically redirected to the national healthdirect helpline).
- It is available to parents of children from birth to 12 years who live anywhere in South Australia.
- It provides information about health, behaviour and relationships for parents and people working with children and young people.
- It is able to provide information to callers on where to go for further help.
- Calls are confidential and you don't have to give your name unless you wish to.
- Parent Helpline staff have an information database based on the latest research, so they can give you the most up-to-date information when you call.
- Staff are qualified nurses, social workers and community health workers. All staff receive ongoing training and support.
Some examples of the information available from the WCHN Parent Helpline...
- head lice, infectious diseases, immunisation, teething, bedwetting, cold
sores, gastro and fevers.
- aggression, sibling rivalry, problem solving, toilet training, sleep, lying,
stealing, unsettled babies, school refusal, bullying.
- feeding babies, fussy eaters, general nutrition information.
- building self esteem, grief and separation, resources for counselling,
stepfamilies, child protection issues.
- postnatal depression, pregnancy, mastitis, coping with parenting, support.
Other Parent Helplines in Australia
Australian Capital Territory (ACT)
New South Wales (NSW)
Northern Territory (NT)
- Parenting Line - 1300 808 178
Western Australia (WA)
All Child and Family Health Services are free and statewide. They are provided by qualified nurses, medical staff, social workers, physiotherapists and Indigenous Cultural Consultants.