When parents split up - easy to read
divorce; problems; school; house; grandma; nanna; friend; dad; mum; grandpa; separation ;
Sometimes mums and dads have problems.
Sometimes they can't fix their problems.
- They are not your problems.
- You can't fix them.
They may live in different places for a time.
They may want to live in different places all the time.
They want to leave each other.
- They don't want to leave you.
They may stop loving each other.
- They never stop loving you.
They have problems with each other.
- They have no problems with you.
You may feel sad.
You may feel scared.
you can do
- Talk to mum and dad.
- Tell them how you feel.
- Ask them what you want to know.
- Talk to your trusted adults.
Here are some pictures that may help you to think what to ask.
Dad and me
Questions you might want answered
- Will we stay here?
- Where will we go?
- Will I stay at my school?
- Will I see grandmas and grandpas?
- What about my bike?
- Can we keep the dog?
- What will happen to the dog?
- When can I see dad or mum ?
- What do I tell my friends?
Make sure you ask what you need to know.
You may feel sad for a while but getting your questions answered will help you feel better.
We've provided this information to help you to understand important things about staying healthy and happy. However, if you feel sick or unhappy, it is important to tell your mum or dad, a teacher or another grown-up.