Go find out - about families
families; family; conflict; happy; sisters; brothers;needs;
All creatures on earth produce young (reproduce). Producing young needs a male and a female, except for a very few creatures which are hermaphrodites, say herm-afro-dites. (This means that this particular female creature can produce and fertilise an egg which will grow into her young.)
Warm blooded creatures mainly look after their babies until they are able to look after themselves.
|When human babies are born they cannot take care of themselves. They need to be cared for by their family until they are old enough to take care of themselves. Maybe they have one parent, maybe two. Maybe other people also care of them.
Read this topic Families – there are many kinds.
No matter what kind of family you live in, how rich or poor, where in the world you live every human being needs at least 5 things. When you have read the topic see if you can name 5 important things that everyone needs, especially children.
- B--- n----
- G--- s------
Sometimes there will be problems even in the most loving of families. Every person in the world is unique — that means that no one, even identical twins, is exactly the same as anyone else!
Read the topic - Family relationships - brothers and sisters.
Here are a couple of things for you to do.
1. Write down the 3 most important skills that you need to learn to be able to get on together in your family?
2. Print out the family chores chart from the topic Family relationships - brothers and sisters and work out with your family how everyone can work together by doing their share around the home.
Read the topic Happy families.
Whatever type of family you live in, no matter if you are rich or poor, if everyone cares for each other then you will all feel happy and loved.
So, why not write a story about a happy family and see if you can use these words in it.
Respect, Fairness, Special, Love, Helping, Problems, Sharing
If you are having problems in your family then it is important for you to be able to talk about it with your family or get help from your trusted adults.
This topic may help. Family conflict - when families fight,
Answers to the quiz: Families there are many kinds
- Body needs (Physiological needs – say fizz-eeo-lod-jik-al). These include food, water, warmth and sleep.
- Safety - includes being safe and feeling safe and healthy wherever you are.
- Love - feeling loved and a sense of belonging within your family and friends.
- Esteem - includes feeling good about yourself and how others feel about you.
- Goal setting (Self – actualisation) - includes setting your goals and working to achieve them.
We've provided this information to help you to understand important things about staying healthy and happy. However, if you feel sick or unhappy, it is important to tell your mum or dad, a teacher or another grown-up.