twins; twin; multiple; births; ;
Once you have found out that you are expecting twins it can very exciting. It can also be scary as you think about how you will manage two babies at once.
To find out more
The Raising Children Network (Australia) has a lot of information about twins including
Australian Multiple Birth Association:
Australian Breastfeeding Association
Pregnancy, Birth and Baby : information, and pictures of feeding positions
Bottle feeding twins
- If you are bottle feeding your babies, if you can feed each baby separately this separate closeness and touching can help with bonding with the baby. If you try to feed them together you will find you are holding the bottles, not the babies!
- Have a look at our topic 'Bottle feeding - feeding your baby with formula'for more information.
Resources South Australia
- Parent Helpline 1300 364 100.
- Child and Family Health Services nurses - call 1300 733 606 for an appointment
- South Australian Multiple Births Association
The information on this site should not be used as an alternative to professional care. If you have a particular problem, see a doctor, or ring the Parent Helpline on 1300 364 100 (local call cost from anywhere in South Australia).
This topic may use 'he' and 'she' in turn - please change to suit your child's sex.