Using our site as a reference
17 Jun 2013
Lots of you have asked about using our site as a reference for your work.
When you are listing where you got your information you will usually write the name of the author. Our site is a Government site so we don’t list authors’ names. You can just write www.kids.cyh.com instead of a name.
This is how to give this information from any of our topics that you want to list.
- www.kids.cyh.com (website name)
- date reviewed, which is listed at the end of the topic (month and year when it was reviewed by an expert)
- title of the article (for example, 'Bone fractures - when you break a bone')
- the date you read the article (the day/month/year)
- the website URL for that article (this is what's in the web browser bar, which starts http://...)
We know from your feedback that many kids, parents and teachers use this site for information and as a reference.
Now you know how to write where you got your information.