International Youth Day – 12th August 2006
07 Aug 2006
- Do you have somewhere safe to sleep?
- Do you get to go to school?
- Do you have warm clothes to wear?
- Do you have enough to eat?
- Do you have safe water to drink?
Lots of kids around the world are not so lucky. Many kids are living alone, and have lost parents because of war or natural disasters. Many kids do not have any of the things that we all think are so much a part of our lives, and many of them never will.
Sometimes we can all get too greedy and always be thinking that it's not fair that others have so much more than us. Maybe it's time to think how lucky we are to have so much.
If you want to find out more about International Youth day, look at this site: http://www.un.org/esa/socdev/unyin/iyd2006.htm.