Get outside and get fit
02 Apr 2012
Summer is a great time to be getting lots of exercise. We don't have the excuse of the rain and cold to keep us inside and on the couch.
The benefits of a healthy exercise routine and the outdoors have long been championed. Here are just a few reasons to exercise:
- Exercise releases the bodies natural chemicals which make you feel good - endorphins. The effort to do the exercise can often seem overwhelming, but the pay off in endorphins is worth it.
- Exercise can reduce the level of stress you are feeling.
- Getting outside and doing a new sport will help you to meet new friends.
- An increase in self-esteem and a positive self-image will usually result from getting in shape.
- There is nothing wrong with looking good. Getting fit will give you a healthy glow and may help you lose weight.
- If you are feeling down, doing some exercise is a great way to get rid of the blues.
So get out while the sun shines and join a club, hit the pool or get on a bike.
For more ideas see the topic Exercise.